- any reference to “Maxme”, “us”, “we” or “our” means Maxme Pty Ltd ABN 53 634 179 427;
- GDPR means the General Data Protection Regulation;
- Personal Information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person and includes information that you provide to us directly, information that we collect from third parties and information that we collect from your device;
- Site means a site operated by us and any other domain that we may use from time to time.
How do we collect
When you visit our Site, we collect non-Personal Information from you including, without limitation, which sections of the Site are most frequently visited, how often and for how long. This data is always used as aggregated, non-Personal Information. We may analyse this non-Personal Information and release it to third parties in an aggregated form.
What Personal Information do we collect?
We collect the following types of information about you:
Information that you provide to us directly
(A) Signing up to receive information from us
When you sign up to receive information from us, we collect the following information (which includes Personal Information) from you:
- name; and
- email address.
(B) Additional information that we may ask for (optional)
When you use our services, we may ask you to provide us with additional information. This additional information may include:
- links to your social media accounts (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube); and
- information about your tertiary education year of study and other study related information.
Information that we receive from third parties
We may receive information about you (including Personal Information) from third parties. If you access our Site through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook or Google, that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to us. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account, an access token necessary to access that third party service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information that you have made public in connection with that third party service. If you’d like to unlink your third party account from our Site, you can adjust your settings in the third party service and we will no longer receive information collected about you in connection with that service.
Like many websites, when you visit our Site, we automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies”, web beacons, device identifiers, pixels and other technologies including information about your web browser, IP address and time zone. Some of this information may be classified as Personal Information. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier;
- “log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps; and
- “web beacons”, “tags” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
You can control or reset your cookies through you web browser and, if you choose to, you can refuse all cookies However, some of the features of our Site may not function properly if you disable the ability to accept cookies.
How do we use your
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Providing our products and services: We use the information that you provide to us to provide our products and services. This includes recognising you across different services and devices.
- Communicating with you: We use your contact information to send communications to you about important changes or updates to our products and services. When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, we also provide you with information or advertising relating to our products and services.
- Performing data analytics: We use the information about you to help us improve our products and services, including by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Customising our products and services for you: We use information about you to make sure that the Site and our products and services are customised to your needs.
- Where you have given your consent: We may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you give your consent for us to do this, we will use your information in accordance with that purpose. You can withdraw your consent to these uses at any time.
For Personal Information subject to the GDPR, we rely on the following legal bases to process this information:
- where you have given your consent for us to use your information;
- where the processing is necessary to perform a contract that we have with you, for example when you purchase our products or services;
- our legitimate business interests, such as improving and developing our products and services and marketing new features or products (but only where our legitimate interest isn’t overridden by your interest in protecting your Personal Information); and
- where it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
You may at any time refuse to provide the Personal Information that we request. However, this may limit or prohibit our ability to provide our products and services to you. You may withdraw your consent for us to process your Personal Information at any time by contacting us in accordance with our “Contact us” section below.
Who do we disclose Personal Information to?
- marketing platforms, communications platforms and contractors who we engage to help process Personal Information and other data;
- government third parties, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies as required, authorised or permitted by law; and
- a third party that acquires or intends to acquire Maxme or its assets.
International transfers of Personal Information
Your Personal Information will be transferred to third parties including to persons and businesses outside Australia including in the United States of America and other countries where the privacy laws may not be as protective. These transfers are made in order to assist us to provide you with the products and services and/or to improve the products and services we offer you. When we transfer information to countries other than your own, we take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipients of such information do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to that information by entering into contractual arrangements with such third parties.
International transfers ofPersonal Information (for usersin the EEA)
For our customers in the European Economic Area (EEA), where we transfer your Personal Information to a third party provider that is not located in the EEA and is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, we will require those third party providers to enter into an agreement that provides appropriate safeguards for your information. From time to time we may also seek your consent to transfer your Personal Information to a third country outside the EEA.
Changing or deleting your Personal Information
You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” in the relevant communication.
You may also access, review, update, rectify or delete your Personal Information by contacting us. We will respond to all requests within 30 days. Please note that deleting your Personal Information may limit our ability to provide the service to you
We may limit or reject your request in certain cases, including without limitation where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case question, where the rights of other persons would be violated or as required by law or governance purposes.
If you need further assistance regarding your access and control of your Personal Information, please contact us.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it (including encryption and password protection). Each of our employees is aware of our security policies, and your information is only available to those employees who need it to perform their jobs.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet using industry standard technology is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
When you join through the Site, we will maintain your Personal Information, and other personal information you have provided, for our records because we need this information to deliver our products and services to you and for the other purposes set out in the “What Personal Information do we collect?” section. We will retain this information unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Links to other websites
Additional rights for
If you are a resident of the European Union for the purposes of the GDPR, then in addition to what is set out above, the following applies to you.
In providing our products and services to you, we may make use of a number of automated processes using your Personal Information and your activity on our Site as tracked by us, in order to provide optimised services to you.
In addition to your rights set out above, you may:
- update or rectify any of the Personal Information we hold about you, in the manner described in the “Changing or Deleting your Personal Information” section above;
- request that we provide you with a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you in a portable and machine readable form or share your Personal Information with a nominated third party. This can be done by contacting us directly, using the details set out in the “Contact us” section.
If you are unhappy with our data practices, you also have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries about the use of your private information — email us at firstname.lastname@example.org