The Other Side Podcast Summary: Episode 1, Our New Beginning
“What does it take to get a job and be successful?” is one of the highest searched questions online, and it’s not difficult to understand why. A reliable job and rewarding career not only enables us to survive financially, but thrive as individuals. When we’re contributing value to ‘something bigger’ and more purposeful than ourselves, it puts our strengths to good use, solidifies our identity, and builds self worth.
Enriching careers mean thriving humans, and that’s the reason we exist! On our mission to help as many people as possible to thrive, we’re spreading the magic of human skills far and wide – through immersive apps, coaching, experiences and partnerships, but also through rich conversations.
The Other Side is a mini podcast series by Maxme where our Founder Renata (Ren) Sguario chats with recent graduate James Oana on the experience of making the leap from Uni to work, and thriving on the other side. Over 9 episodes (including a bonus intro chat), Ren and James cover Gen Z career building essentials like what makes a great CV, acing a job interview, seeking and giving feedback, the importance of self awareness, networking, body language and more.
Episode 1 of The Other Side, Our New Beginning, is all about introducing you to Ren, James, and the topics ahead.
In just over 20 minutes, you’ll discover:
- What’s in store for the next 8 episodes ahead?
- Special guest interviewees lined up for the Series such as HR specialists, graduate recruiters and networking professionals.
- Why Ren and James decided to start The Other Side podcast, the nature of their mentoring relationship, and desire to share their own journeys with listeners across the world facing similar challenges
- James’ personal experience as a University Graduate hunting for work, and keen interest in helping other Gen Z’s just like him
- The importance of self reflection in order to move forward
- Getting started with skills building, and the importance of doing so as early as possible – don’t leave it until you’re job hunting!
- ‘Academic skills might land you an interview, but soft skills will get you a job’
- Automation in the workplace won’t require as many jobs, but human skills have a critical role to play
- The power of confidence
- An introduction to self awareness (see Episode 5 of The Other Side for more on this!).
Ready to listen and learn more about the magic of human skills?
Simply jump on in, start listening for FREE on your preferred podcast platform –
The Other Side on Spotify
The Other Side on Apple Podcasts
The Other Side on Listen Notes
The Other Side on PodBay.
Feedback to share on any of The Other Side episodes, or have an idea for a future topic?
Contact us anytime – we’d love to hear from you.